When you yourself have a fireplace, then it’s recommended to invest in glass fireplace doors. Why? Here are a number of the top reasons why you must invest in glass fireplace doors:
· They can be very attractive and striking additions to your current fireplace/home décor.
· They increase energy efficiency in your home. How so? Good glass fireplace doors become a barrier between your home and your chimney. Without glass fireplace doors, heat is lost up the chimney – basically, in winter, you are paying money to heat your chimney. During summer time months, you spend to cool it!
Other items that you have to know about glass fireplace doors:
· If you are using glass fireplace doors to enclose a wood burning fire and you leave them closed whilst the fire is burning, you are going to need to clean ash from the glass fire doors vent after each and every few times of use. The vent is very important – it allows your fire to burn just outside air in order that most of the heated air from the within of your home can not escape up through your chimney.
· Use only glass fireplace doors that could withstand quite high heat. Other doors can crack when put underneath the pressure of high heat. Ceramic glass is stronger than tempered glass in this sense.
· Ceramic glass fireplace doors allow radiant heat to pass all the way through and are highly heat resistant. Obviously, for these benefits, you are going to have to cover significantly more than you’d for tempered glass.
· Tempered glass fireplace doors block much heat from engaging in the room. Obviously, tempered glass fireplace doors can still increase the efficiency of your fireplace by reducing the excess airflow that plague open fireplaces. When you yourself have a choice, though, choose ceramic glass fireplace doors.
· Ensure that your glass fireplace doors are properly fitted to your fireplace – you want them to be tight and well-sealed.
· Obviously, the higher sealed your doors are, the dirty they are going to get. You could have to pay more time cleaning the soot off of well sealed glass fireplace doors – you may not desire to ruin your view of the fire.
· One way to keep carefully the glass of your glass fireplace doors clean is to put in a glass airwash system.
· Although glass fireplace doors are with the capacity of keeping children and pets from the fire and the fire from the family area, realize that they may still pose a hazard – children can still get burned, simply by touching the glass or metal. Ensure that your kids are well-versed in fireplace safety. Also, until your kids are old enough, you may decide to only run your fireplace when they’re not home or have now been put to bed.